Make your products' pricing as accurate as possible when shipping cost is involved
Working with suppliers and not being able to control their pricing changes can have direct impact on your business. As a dropshipper, you want to be as accurate as possible when it comes to pricing and profits.
Detecting these types of changes is one of the main reasons you use AutoDS, but another essential detail some dropshippers overlook is the shipping cost added to the source price of the item.
Therefore, you must be familiar with the different shipping methods as well as the 'Include Shipping Price' option.
Decide which shipping method you wish the system to scan and detect for your listings.
Go to Settings→Supplier settings→Lister →Shipping method
There are 3 options:
- Cheapest - The cheapest shipping method on the source site will be selected.
- Cheapest with tracking- The cheapest shipping method with a valid tracking service on the source site will be selected.
- Fastest with tracking - The fastest shipping method with a valid tracking service on the source site will be selected.
This is how it will look for example in Aliexpress:
So if your source product cost is 5$, these will be the source product prices with shipping for every shipping method:
- Cheapest (without tracking) -$5+ $0.64= $5.64
- Cheapest with tracking -$5+ $1.72 = $6.72
- Fastest with tracking -$5+ $6.90= $11.90
Include shipping price configuration
To include shipping costs in the source price of your products, you will need to activate the 'include shipping price' setting after you chose the shipping method that suits you best.
Settings→Supplier settings→Pricing→Include shipping price
It is important to set pricing settings for each of your suppliers. Check your suppliers' list and configure their settings.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the support chat - we are happy to help.