Also, learn how to set automatic category selection on your eBay store
AutoDS system works just like eBay does. If you will take the title of the source product and paste it on eBay's uploader when creating a new listing - eBay will offer you a list of matching recommended categories.
When uploading a new product, AutoDS chooses the first category eBay from eBay's suggestions as in most cases, it is the most relevant one.
If the category you wish to list the product is not the one selected as default, you can choose a different one as was explained below.
Important note: All the listers in the market auto-select the first suggested category eBay suggests first. There's no way for AutoDS to choose the exact category for an item. It is based on the keywords in the product's title and depends solely on eBay's algorithm.
To change a category you need to go to the product's edit page by clicking on its picture from the products page:
Choose another category from the 'Categories' dropdown menu and click Save:
That's it - you changed the products category on eBay.
If you wish your store to be arranged by categories automatically follow these instructions:
- Go to your eBay account.
- Click the icon for your eBay's store:
3. Go to 'revert to my old store' and approve 'revert my store' (if this option does not exist for you then just go straight to Manage My Store.
4. Go to 'My eBay'
5. Scroll down and choose: Manage My Store/ Manage Store
6. Under the title 'Store Design' click on 'Display Settings'
7. Under the title 'Theme and Display' click 'Change' next to ' Change Categories'
Then check the box 'eBay categories' and save.
If you have further questions that were not answered in this article, please do not hesitate and turn to us at the support chat - we will be more than happy to assist you.