Here you will learn how to solve common errors coming from eBay's end
Probably most of the errors you will encounter on your daily work on your account will be coming from eBay.
In this article, you will learn what each error means and how to quickly resolve it. We suggest you click CTRL+F5 and look for the text of the error you received in this article to save time :)
- You have not opted into Business Policies. To continue using this feature please opt-in using the following link.
Reason: You did not opt-in eBay's business policy and that's why eBay cannot set up your policies.
Workaround: Please visit this link http://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/policyoptin , log in to your eBay account and opt-in eBay business policies. After you've done so, you can create your payment, shipping and return policy on eBay.
2. You've provided an invalid return policy.
Reason: You have entered an invalid return policy in the description of the listing, meaning, in your template.
Workaround: make sure you are using a valid return policy for the item. Different eBay markets (ebay.com/ebay.co,uk etc) might have different requirements and legal obligations. If you're not sure, look for help on eBay or from other sellers.
3. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, sellers may only offer a maximum of 100 items per listing.
Reason: To ensure a safe buying and selling experience for the buyers on eBay, eBay might restrict the number of units offered per listing.
Workaround: Reduce the available quantity for this listing and then try uploading it again.
4. The email address you entered isn't linked to a PayPal account. If you don't have a PayPal account, you'll need to set one up with this email address so that buyers can pay you
Reason: eBay did not verify your PayPal account.
Workaround: Log in your PayPal account, click on the link on your confirmation email to verify your PayPal account with a credit card. Then go to your eBay account to set up PayPal as the automatic payment method for eBay payments.
5. Before you can list this item we need some additional information to create a seller's account.
Reason: To sell on eBay, you are required to select an automatic payment method for your selling fees to eBay, therefore, eBay is asking for your credit card information.
Workaround: Log into your eBay account and add an automatic payment method for your eBay's selling fees. For more additional information: https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sell-getstarted.html or http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/automatic-payments.html
6. Listing cannot be revised because you have reached the maximum number of revisions allowed.
Reason: eBay has a limitation for how many times you can revise a single listing and you have exceeded this limit.
Workaround: There's nothing you can do - you will not be able to apply the change you wanted for this listing.
7. Validation of the authentication token in API request failed
Reason: AutoDS' authentication token has expired. Meaning, we no longer have permission to make changes to your listings. Note: only applies to API stores.
Workaround: Refresh your token . Go to Settings -> Refresh Token. You will be directed to eBay to approve us as a third party application again.
Make sure to re-start the products monitor after doing this. Sometimes this action resets your settings.
8. Buyers love large photos that clearly show the item, so please upload high-resolution photos that are at least 500 pixels on the longest side.
Reason: eBay requires all images have a minimum of 500 pixels on the longest side. AutoDS will only upload 500-pixel images, this error will most likely pop up when you add your own image to the listings not matching with eBay's requirements.
Workaround: Verify the pixel size the main images of the listing and the images of your variations, edit to match if needed, then upload the images again.
9. Variation Specifics provided does not match with the variation specifics of the variations on the item.
Reason: Please enter valid values that are consistent with the specifics of the variations.
Workaround: Make sure you are inserting valid values for all items and that these values are provided consistently for specifics across variations.
10. Listing titles are limited to [value] characters.
Reason: Your listing exceeds the maximum length of characters. This will only happen when you list directly on eBay as AutoDS will limit your title's character to 80 as allowed by eBay.
Workaround: Ensure your listing title is not longer than the maximum length - 80 characters.
Reason: It seems you have used some improper codes in your listings. It can happen when you use your own HTML template.
Workaround: Make sure your item description does not contain the prohibited code listed in the error message.
12. Variations Specifics and Item Specifics entered for a Multi-SKU item should be different
Reason: You have entered the same specifics for variation options and item specifics.
Workaround: You have the same values inserted for variation specific options and the item specifics. eBay does not allow it. Please remove the identical specifics in your Item Specifics part if they already existed as specifics in the variation option.
13. A mixture of Self Hosted and EPS pictures are not allowed.
Reason: When there are multiple images for your listing and you upload them to the eBay Picture Services (EPS), eBay seems to get the image information corrupted - leaving some images uploaded to their servers and others not.
Workaround: Choose to use all EPS (eBay Picture Services) images for your item or all self-hosted images. Download all your images to your computer. Remove all your images for the listing, leaving only one image. Upload the listing with the one image remaining only. Once the listing has been successfully uploaded, add the remaining images you previously saved on your computer.
14. You entered more pictures than allowed.
Reason: eBay allows only 12 images to be uploaded to a single listing.
Workaround: Please remove images to have max 12.
15. Enter a full UK/US Postal Code/ Please enter a valid postal code error
Reason: You did not enter a postcode to your eBay Business Shipping Policy.
Workaround: Please visit this Help Article to learn how to fix it.
16. Duplicate names in name value list in variation specifics container.
Reason: You did not give unique names to your variations.
Workaround: You need to check if you have values for multi-variation options or specifics that are the same but use different capitalizations such as "white" and "White" and "WHITE", as these eBay might see these as duplicates and thus, generate this error.
17. XML Error Text: "nested exception is: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x3) was found in the CDATA section
Reason: There's probably a character that was copied from another source and it is not compatible with eBay's system.
Workaround: Please check your listing's description and header text and remove any special characters you can find and then try uploading your listing again.
18. The shipping service is not available for this item location. Select a different service.
Reason: You have chosen a wrong location and/or shipping service to this item.
Workaround: Please select a different location or a different shipping service. You can read this article to learn how to make general shipping policies that work best for drop-shipping.
19. You must accept the International Selling Agreement before you can list this item on a site other than where you registered or with international shipping options.
Reason: As a seller, you did not agree with eBay's International Selling Agreement.
Workaround: You must do it as part of your seller account. Please visit the eBay link provided in the error message to accept these terms. If you decide not to accept these terms, you will be allowed to list only where your account is registered.
20. This category does not support products with variations.
Reason: The selected category does not support products with variations.
Workaround: Please try choosing another category from the dropdown menu, or try listing the item without variations. For more info about categories please check out this Help Article.
21. This item cannot be accessed because the listing has been deleted, is a Half.com listing, or you are not the seller.
Reason: This listing was probably has been deleted on eBay.
Workaround: When an item is monitored on AutoDS and you get this error - it means it was ended on eBay's directly. You will not be able to make changes to a listing that ended and will need to remove it from the monitor. Please read the Sync with eBay article to learn how to prevent this from happening.
22. The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy.
Reason: Your listing title or description may contain improper content ( words, links, email addresses) which eBay does not allow.
Workaround: You need to check your product's title and description to ensure that it complies with eBay's policies. You can read more about this error and how to fix it here.
23. Missing required filed'' Item Location''
Reason: Your eBay's business policies do not have the ''Item location'' field, so you need to fill it this specific before you list the item.
Workaround: Go to this shipping policy on your eBay account, fill in the ''Item Location'' field, then apply this policy to the listings. We recommend working with a general shipping policy that does not require a location or have a specific carrier to it. Read more about here.
24. Authorization token is hard expired. The user needs to generate a new token for this application.
Reason: AutoDS token as a 3rd party authorization app on eBay had expired.
Workaround: You need to refresh the token from the AutoDS settings page.
25. The category is not valid, select another category.
Reason: The category is not valid for use for this listing at the moment.
Workaround: Try selecting a different valid category for the item. This error can sometimes appear for eBay listings that were previously valid if eBay had made category changes and has not provided a clear mapping from the old category to a new category. You can read more about eBay's categories here.
26. We noticed that you don't have a payment method set up with your eBay account. As soon as you take care of this, you'll be able to list more items.
Reason: You need to set up a payment method on eBay - PayPal or credit card so eBay can charge your seller fees.
Workaround: Go to: eBay-> Account settings ->Seller Account
At the bottom of the page connect your Paypal
If you have your PayPal account connected again, please reconnect it as the PP authorizations to your eBay account might have been revoked and need renewal.
After you've done that, please try to upload it again.
27. Duplicate custom variation label.
Reason: You have entered many same variation options in a listing
Workaround: Make sure that all product and variation names are unique. The error message indicates that you have used the same color (e.g. blue) or the same size (e.g medium) more than once in a listing's item specifics.
28. Variation cannot be deleted during restricted revise.
Reason: Variation with a purchase history cannot be deleted.
Workaround: You're probably trying to delete a variation from a multiple-variations listing with sales history. If you want this variation to be available again, set its quantity to 0 and disable the stock monitoring for it. If a variation has no purchases, you should be able to delete it.
29. This listing would cause you to exceed the number of items you can list. You can list up to x more items this month. Please consider reducing the quantity or request to list more: Link
Reason: You exceed the number of items that you can list according to your eBay's limit
Workaround: Read this Help Article for a detailed explanation.
30. Email address cannot be used for PayPal payments at this time.
Reason: Something might be wrong with your Paypal account.
Workaround: If you require immediate payment on your payment policy, your PayPal account should be in good standing. However, if there is an issue with your PayPal account then immediate payment will not be allowed until the issue is resolved. You’ll need to log in to your PayPal account and resolve any issues.
31. If the original item was not listed as a Multi-SKU item, you cannot change it to be a Multi-SKU item during relist (or revise). You will need to create a new listing as a Multi-SKU item.
Reason: You can not change a single listing to Multi-SKU listing when you're trying to relist an item.
Workaround: List your multi-SKU (your multi-variations listing) item as a new item instead of relisting or revising an old non-multi-SKU item.
32. No rate table has been created. Please create the rate table.
Reason: You did not set up a shipping rate table on eBay
Workaround: Check the shipping policy you have tried to list with and apply a shipping rate for it for different worldwide locations.
32. This Listing is a duplicate of your item: [item (item number)]. Use multi-quantity fixed price listing to list these items.
Reason: The listing you are trying to list is a duplicate to another listing you have already published to your store.
Workaround: Make sure you are not uploading a duplicate listing. If you have already listed the item in question, then find the original listing and update the quantity instead.
33. The tags [tag] is/are disabled as Variant.
Reason: You have used an invalid tag for this variant.
Workaround: The word you try using for the variant is reserved by eBay and can't be used for your eBay listings. Choose a different attribute name to avoid the error.
34. The duration [value] day(s) is not available for this listing type, or invalid for category [category name].
Reason: The duration that you selected is not valid for the listing or category.
Workaround: Check the duration you are using in the settings for the item is valid for the listing type or category.
35. Only Single item can be sold in auction-style listings. Switch to FixedPrice format to sell multiple items.
Reason: You choose the wrong type of publication for this listing.
Workaround: If you are trying to sell more than one specific item, you need to list it using a fixed-price format instead of auction-style.
36. Internal error to the application.
Reason: There is an eBay server error or network problem.
Workaround: The error is on eBay's server-side, not an error with your listing. Try listing again later.
37. Package weight is over the weight limit for service [service]. The maximum weight is [weight].
Reason: The weight of the package exceeds the limit of services you are offering in your shipping policy.
Workaround: Check the weight of the item you are trying to list to and make sure that it works within the limits for the shipping policy. Best to create shipping policing which does not require package weights and dimensions. Read more here.
38. Invalid value for [product identifier].
Reason: You have entered an invalid value: UPC, EAN......
Workaround: Make sure you're using a valid value for product identifiers (UPC, EAN, ISBN), correct it or try to use other UPC, EAN, ISBN. Note: these details are pulled directly from the source site listings except for a unique UPC which AutoDS fills in automatically on your listings.
If you have further questions that were not answered in this article, please do not hesitate and turn to us at the support chat - we will be more than happy to assist you.